Sunday, October 4, 2026

Pumpkin Banana Bread

 



Years ago, I found this recipe inside a Land O Lakes butter box.  I thought it sounded delicious and gave it a try.  It quickly became a family seasonal favorite.  Alas, I lost the recipe.

This was about 30 odd years ago when one could still call a big company and get help.  I called the 1-800 number listed on another box of butter, told them my issue and was put in touch with their Home Ec department.  I told the Chef what recipe I wanted, and they promised me they would look in their files for it.  A few weeks later I received a typewritten copy of the recipe, along with coupons for butter.  I was over the moon to have the recipe all over again.

I confess, I'm not a huge Pumpkin Spice fan but this recipe is one of the exceptions.  I make this recipe each autumn and feel Fall has truly arrived when I smell the aroma of the lovely warm spices as the bread bakes.

Pumpkin Banana Bread

1 1/2 cups sugar

3/4 cup soft butter

3 eggs, room temperature

2 ripe bananas, mashed

1 cup pumpkin

3 cups flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. ground cinnamon

1/2 tsp.  powdered ginger

1/4 tsp. nutmeg

1/8 tsp. ground cloves

1 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 375F.  Grease 2 8x5x4 inch loaf pans.

Mix sugar, butter and eggs on medium speed.  Mix for about 1 minute.  Add banana and pumpkin.  Mix gently.  Add the dry ingredients all at once and mix briefly, just until combined.  Stir in walnuts.

Divide batter between the two loaf pans.   Bake for 55-60 minutes.

This has a lovely warm spicy aroma and a beautiful color.  

No comments:

Post a Comment