Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Armenian Potatoes



Years ago, when I was still delving the depths of my favorite cookbook of all times, The Culinary Arts Institute Encyclopedic Cookbook, I found a recipe for potatoes.  It had all the earmarks of what I looked for in a recipe at the time.  It was cheap.  It had flavorful ingredients.  The ingredients were pantry basics.

The first time I made this I was wowed and so were all my guests.  I haven't made these potatoes in quite a long time now.   It's especially good when served next to beef steak, roast, burgers.  I have it on this week's menu...

Simple. Easy. Flavorful.  Cheap to make.  Ticks all the boxes!

Armenian Potatoes

4 cups diced potatoes, 
1/4 cup oil, 
3/4 cup water, 
1 garlic (yes, it's a lot.  I generally use two generous teaspoons of minced garlic), 
1 tbsp of paprika, 
1 tsp salt, 
1 tbsp dried parsley, 
1/4 cup diced tomato.  

Bake in a covered casserole dish, 350f for 45 minutes.

Also, my youngest daughter experimented with this recipe and put all the ingredients in the crock pot along with a seared Chuck Roast.  She texted me later that this was 'THE. BEST. ROAST. EVER.'   

1 comment: