Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Mandy's Sausage and Egg Muffins

I love the Youtube vlogger, Mandy in the Making.   She shares dinner recipes and the occasional dessert or breakfast recipe.  This particular recipe sounded good to me.  Then I started seeing other Youtube vloggers and Instagram users commenting on how good they were.  Well, all the rave reviews made me determined to try them.

The recipe is simple, quick and while it does call for what I consider a special ingredient that I normally don't keep on hand, I've found a way around that.  I'm sharing the recipe as I make it with a side note of what Mandy uses.

I've made this twice now.  The first time, John must have been preoccupied, but this time he raved over them.  He told me two or three times how good they were and how much he enjoyed them.  He even mentioned them later on in the morning!  I think he mentioned them again at lunch...

Mandy's Sausage and Egg Muffins

1 cup AP flour (Mandy uses 1 cup bisquick.  If you do, too, then skip the salt and baking powder as well)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 pound browned, drained, cooled breakfast sausage ( I use a good turkey sausage and typically cut this to 3/4 pound)
1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese 
4 eggs

Heat oven to 350F.  Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until well blended.  Spoon into greased muffin cups.  My big muffin tin (larger than usual), cups filled just half full, made a full dozen muffins.  If you have a smaller muffin cup tin you might fill them more full.  Bake for 20 minutes.  You can freeze these too but I doubt you'll have to unless you're single. 

1 comment:

  1. I looked this up and am sad they need 4 eggs. I’m down to 1 egg even though I got groceries twice this week. G and b are spending the night and I thought these would be good for breakfast, if I had 4 eggs.
    On to plan B.....

    ReplyDelete