Thursday, August 24, 2023

Simply Delicious Pork Chops



I've seen a recipe a few times on YouTube shorts with pork chops that intrigued me.  It was the use of a Sour Cream and Onion dip that I wondered about.  Now you might know this but California Sour Cream and Onion dip is one of my favorites.  I make it with half the amount of onion soup mix just to reduce the saltiness.

In need of a meal this week, I decided to make the recipe I'd been seeing online.  I thought I'd try this recipe but it's so hot just now that I didn't want to turn on the oven at all. I didn't have room in the toaster oven for a pan to fit the size of my chops.  I decided to use the slow cooker and that evolved into tweaking the recipe a bit.

I opted to make this a one pot meal.  It was a huge hit with all four of my household members.  I'll definitely do this again and I'll likely keep it as a slow cooker meal.

Simply Delicious Pork Chops

4 1 inch thick well trimmed center cut pork chops (I used bone in)

1/2 packet instant onion soup mix

1 1/4- cups sour cream

4 medium potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick

1/2 of a medium onion, cut into slices

Seasoning of choice (I used a Montreal Steak Seasoning)

Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray.  Layer potatoes and onions in bottom of pan.  Place chops on top, then season with Steak seasoning (or your choice of seasoning).  Mix soup mix and sour cream.  Spread over top of chops and onto any exposed potatoes.  Put on lid and cook for 5 hours on High heat.  I find my own slow cooker is a bit fast so I lowered the temperature to Medium after about 4 hours.

Caleb ate every bite, Katie remarked on how good it was and John told me while the sides I'd served were good, the pork chop and potato dish was the real star.  I was very pleased with the way this turned out.

1 comment: