Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Mia's Upside Down Peach Cobbler

 

There was, once upon a time, a lovely blog called 'Aspiring Homemaker' and the young teen who wrote it was a lovely girl whom it was my pleasure to meet.   Mia was a homeschooled girl who lived in a rural setting with her family and she shared their journey living in a town house and moving into the country.  The family truly lived in a homestead sort of way.  Mia and her sister wore vintage clothing, practiced doing things in the old fashioned ways.   

Mia loved to cook and often shared recipes.  One memorable recipe for me was her Upside Down Peach Pie.  I never shared it here because it was, in my mind, her recipe and as long as her blog was up where public could read it, I simply linked to it.  However, the blog is no longer live for public views and hasn't been in quite a few years.   I searched online and found the recipe at another source and wanted to share it.   I often use the 'Easy Cobbler' recipe but this one, while similar and using the same basic ingredients is superior to my old tried and true one and come peach season, it was the one I'd often use.   

I'm still going to call this Mia's Upside Down Peach Cobbler because that is what I've always called it but you will probably just call it 'Delicious!'

Mia's Upside Down Peach Cobbler

2 cups fresh peaches (You can substitute drained, canned peaches)

1/2 cup sugar

Place in a saucepan and heat to boiling.

1/4 cup butter

Melt butter in baking dish (2 quart or an 8x8 pan) in 350F oven

Mix batter ingredients:

3/4 cup flour

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 tsp salt

1 tsp baking powder

3/4 cup milk

I like to use a whisk to help remove any lumps but you can use a blender or mixer.  

When butter is melted, remove pan from oven.  Pour in batter mixture.  DO NOT STIR.  Now take hot peach mixture, juices and all, and pour over batter.  DO NOT STIR.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.  Batter will rise to the top and turn golden brown while peaches will 


No comments:

Post a Comment