Monday, July 18, 2022

Chicken Parmigiana

 




Chicken Parmigiana with Green salad and Croutons


My leftovers:
                      1 very large fried chicken breast half
                      1/4 jar of dried tomato pesto
                      1/2 jar Pizza sauce
                      4 slices ripe tomato
and from the fridge:
                     minced garlic
                     shredded mozzarella
                     Parmesan/Romano cheese
from the cupboard:
                    4 ounces Angel Hair pasta

I stripped the meat from the bone (and some of the excess skin and breading, too) then sliced the breast.

I diced the tomato and mixed that, garlic, dried tomato pesto and pizza sauce together.

After cooking the pasta, I drained well, put in a casserole dish and layered on chicken slices, pizza sauce and cheeses, then baked until bubbly.




I'm not sure John even realized it was leftover fried chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment