Monday, July 11, 2022

Extremely Soft White Bread

 Extremely Soft White Bread

In the summer of 2019, I hauled home Mama's unused bread machine.  I'd had the idea that it would eliminate heating up the whole kitchen to bake a loaf of bread in the big oven.  I was right.  I experimented with several recipes from the bread machine manufacturer as well as from recommendations made by others.  Then I found this recipe one morning as I was looking online.  I'm sharing it as it was written from Food.Com.

  • 1cup warm water
  • 2teaspoons yeast
  • 3tablespoons sugar
  • 14cup vegetable oil
  • 1teaspoon salt
  • 3cups white flour
    • Put your hot water, yeast and sugar in your bread machine. Let stand 6-12 minutes depending on the temp of your water. Your yeast will foam.
    • Add remaining ingredients.
    • Use rapid or basic white cycles.
    • Or bake for 25 minute @ 350.
  • I can vouch for this recipe.  I've been using it exclusively now for about 3 years and it's never failed me yet.    We do prefer to bake it in the oven when the weather allows.   However, you make it, it's a lovely loaf of bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment