Monday, July 25, 2016

Buttered Peaches and Ravioli



For August, I've challenged myself to try some of those recipes I've pulled or pinned.  This one, from Better Homes and Gardens Magazines was pulled just this summer.  I had the majority of the needed ingredients on hand and what I didn't I felt I had reasonable substitutes for.


This dish came together quickly.  The most time intensive part is waiting for the water for the ravioli to come to a boil.  The warm peach with the addition of the lemon zest becomes a savory sweet flavor which is perfectly balanced by the cheese ravioli with it's hint of garlic.

I made two substitutions: I used dried parsley and I used pistachios since I had no hazelnuts.   Hindsight says that perhaps toasted walnuts or even almonds might have been a better substitute.  


Buttered Peaches and Ravioli
Ingredients
1
9 ounce package refrigerated four-cheese ravioli
1
lemon
1/4
cup butter
3
cups fresh or frozen peeled peach slices, thawed and cut up
1/3
cup hazelnuts or almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
1/4
2
tablespoons snipped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
Salt




DirectionsCook ravioli according to package directions; drain, return to pot, and cover to keep warm. Finely shred peel from lemon (chill lemon for another use); set peel aside. Heat butter in a very large skillet over medium heat until browned (watch carefully so butter doesn't burn). Add peaches, nuts, Parmesan, parsley, and lemon peel; stir to combine. Add ravioli; toss to coat. Season with salt.

Final Verdict:  This came together quickly. It would be great for one of those necessary quick meal evenings especially in summer when peaches are usually at hand and I almost always have cheese ravioli in the pantry or freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment