Sunday, July 24, 2016

Chicken Quesadillas









I'd planned to make a different meal from these components but this was what I decided to make today...and they were GOOD!   That's always a bonus in my book when you take leftover food that was good the first time around and you make it a different dish that is just as good or better for the second round.



My leftovers:
Yellow rice cooked with zucchini, onions, tomatoes
Leftover Southwest seasoned chicken breast pieces

Additions:
zucchini cubes
whole kernel corn
flour tortillas
shredded Gouda and cheddar
Heinz 57 Sauce

I had planned to combine all the ingredients in burritos, but my tortillas were small ones and couldn't handle the folding required for burritos.  I hit upon the idea of using them to make Quesadilla.  I sliced the chicken breast, used just a little Heinz 57 to moisten slightly, added shredded cheese and folded in half.  I heated in a heavy frying pan over a low flame until the tortilla was crisp.

In the meantime, I added the frozen zucchini and corn another small skillet with a bit of garlic, cumin and chili powder.  When the vegetables were thawed and heating and added the leftover rice.

It was very tasty, and a simple salad were all that was needed to make the meal. 




No comments:

Post a Comment