Sunday, July 10, 2016

Lemonade Stand Pie


Tried and True Thursday *Flashback to July 2009

1920 kitchen

Lemonade Stand Pie
This was one of the very first desserts I made as a brand new homemaker.  I loved the tart rich flavor of the pie filling and because it was a frozen pie it was perfect for a summer dessert.  I'll never forget the first time I served it.  Granny and her mother, Big Mama, came to lunch at my house.  I made sure the table was pretty with a tablecloth and my wedding china and because I had no flowers my bouquet was bunches  of  branches with green leaves of various trees from the yard.  I served potato salad and dusted the top of the salad with paprika for additional color.  I can't for the life of me remember what else was on our menu, except for the pie.

This recipe is versatile and easy to make.  A graham crust is the traditional crust, but you could use gingersnaps, vanilla wafers, pecan shortbread cookies or cornflakes, etc.   While the recipe calls for lemonade concentrate, I have used lime and you could use pineapple or orange juice concentrates as well.  I can tell you for sure that this is an easy recipe.  It's less than five ingredients if you have a pre-made crust. 

Lemonade Stand Pie
1 6-ounce can frozen lemonade concentrate
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 12-ounce container whipped topping
1 prepared crust, graham or your choice

Allow lemonade concentrate to thaw.  While still cold, pour into mixing bowl.  Add condensed milk and stir until thick and creamy.  Gently fold in all but 1/2 cup of the whipped topping.  Pour into pie shell and freeze. To serve, allow to sit at room temp for 15 minutes.  Slice and serve.  Use remaining whipped topping to dollop on slices

No comments:

Post a Comment