Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Easy Peach Cobbler

I use this fruit cobbler recipe most often to make peach cobbler, but it's equally as good with apples, pears, berries.  I'm including my healthier version but the standard Easy recipe is very good.

Healthier Peach Cobbler: 1 stick melted butter (can sub 1/4 cup olive oil for 1/4 cup butter)
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tbsps flaxseed meal
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup milk (I used 2%)
1 cup sugar (I used Splenda, but have used half the amount of sugar and recipe has worked out very well)
12 oz. frozen peach slices (you may substitute 2 cups of any fruit(canned, fresh or frozen, including berries (drain if canned), applesauce)
Mix all ingredients well. Pour into casserole dish (I use a flat 2 qt. dish) and place on the cobbler the frozen peach slices.  Bake at 350F for about 35-40 minutes until golden brown and tender.


Easy Peach Cobbler
1 cup melted butter
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
2 cups fruit of choice
Mix the batter first, then pour over casserole with fruit in bottom.  Bake 350F for 35-40 minutes until golden, tender to the touch.
For the pulled pork, I cooked a boneless boston butt in the crockpot until done.  Then drained the juices from the meat and let the meat cool.  I used two forks to 'pull' the meat into shreds.  Takes time but isn't hard to accomplish.  Then pour over a good vinegary BBQ sauce.  There are store bought brands you can use, such as Mrs. Griffins or Finger Licking Chicken Sauce to name two, but I prefer my homemade version, which is on the  March 25, 2007 post.
Today I've put a bottom Round Roast in the oven.  Not to cook as a pot roast per se, though potatoes  and onions and mushrooms are most excellent with this particular recipe.  I rubbed the meat with the following:

No comments:

Post a Comment