Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Kid's Favorite Casserole

This is a child friendly variation of the classic Shepherd's Pie.   I found this in a Pillsbury magazine cookbook about 35 years ago and it has been a favorite recipe of this household ever since.  I admit I think I like this recipe better than my children ever did.  It's a great comfort meal.  The recipe book suggested serving with a fruit cup and snickerdoodles.  I think that menu is perfect, covering every possible food group.


Kid's Favorite Casserole
16 oz. green beans, cooked, drained
16 oz. ground beef
1/2 small diced onion
1 tsp garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1 can condensed tomato soup
2 cups prepared seasoned mashed potatoes
6 ozs. shredded cheddar cheese
Brown ground beef with onion, garlic.  Season to taste, then add can of tomato soup.  In casserole, layer green beans, meat mixture, and top with mashed potatoes.  Sprinkle potatoes with cheese.  Bake at 375F for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment