Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Porcupine Meatballs

In winter, I love a good bowl of porcupine meatballs...but I don't limit myself to just that dish.  I make up the meat mixture and pack into bell pepper halves, use to stuff cabbage leaves.

Porcupine Meatballs 1 pound lean ground round
1/3 cup brown rice
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
1 tsp minced garlic
2 slices bread crumbed
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 egg
salt and pepper
dash of Worcestershire Sauce
Soak bread crumbs in milk until all is absorbed.  Mix all ingredients well and form into balls.  I put all of mine in the crockpot and set the temperature on HIGH.
Pour over the meatballs:
1 can condensed tomato soup
1/2 can water
Put lid on the crockpot and let cook for four hours.
(I also use this recipe as my filling for both cabbage rolls and stuffed peppers).

No comments:

Post a Comment